Social Media Editor - West Virginia University
|Company Name||West Virginia University|
|Location||Morgantown, West Virginia|
|Date Posted||August 7, 2017|
University Relations at West Virginia University is seeking applications for a Social Media Editor to help manage and maintain the University's main social media accounts including its award-winning Snapchat account.
This position balances a high level of writing, content creation and editing with a savvy knowledge of social media monitoring, posting and engagement on a variety of platforms by producing high-quality social media posts and campaigns to support University-wide and unit-specific goals.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Identify ways to build WVU's visibility and enhance its reputation through innovative use of social media platforms.
- Daily posting/management/engagement on various primary University-wide social media platforms, maintaining high levels of quality on each.
- Capture occasional video and photo as needed, collaborating with videographers, designers and photographers to develop high-quality visual content.
- Execute social media goals developed by the Social Media Director.
- Oversee a vibrant social media student group, and build a network of content-creators (students, faculty/staff) to contribute to various platforms.
- Leverage competitive intelligence by monitoring trends in marketing and social media to provide leadership and innovative strategies.
- Share expertise through social media workshops/presentations around the campus, state and country.
- Advise University administration on questions/situations regarding social media practices.
Information to apply
Apply online at http://go.wvu.edu/2u90Uhm