|Company Name||University of Tennessee|
|Date Posted||February 13, 2014|
Regular Full-time/Paygrade 39
The Office of Communications and Marketing seeks an energetic web designer/developer to join its Creative Communications unit. Our team maintains the university’s primary website (www.utk.edu) and develops, maintains, and supports many of its most important secondary sites, including undergraduate admissions and various administrative and departmental sites. We are responsible for establishing consistency across all university websites by designing and delivering a set of web templates and online branding requirements. We administer WordPress as a CMS for various academic units and develop official custom WordPress themes.
The ideal candidate will possess one or more of the following:
- A solid understanding of and commitment to web standards.
- Experience developing WordPress themes, child themes, and plugins.
- Familiarity with MySQL databases.
- Background as a graphic designer and information architect.
- Fluency in HTML and CSS (PHP is optional but preferred).
- Familiarity with best practices for mobile website delivery, including responsive website design.
- Understanding of the concept of branding and its electronic implementation.
- Hands-on experience with usability testing and user-centered design.
- An understanding of the unique challenges of online communications across a variety of media, including social media.
- The ability to converse intelligently with IT and network folks regarding site troubleshooting and delivery.
To be considered for the position, candidates must have at minimum two years’ professional experience and an associates’ degree in web/electronic media or a related field.
A bachelor’s degree (in any field) or advanced degree is preferred.
To be considered for this position, please click: https://ut.taleo.net/careersection/ut_knoxville/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=140000003S
Please include a résumé and cover letter, information for three (3) professional references, and examples of your work.
The examples can be screenshots or links to live sites, but for each, please explain your role in its implementation.Apply Here