Web Developer - University of the Pacific
|Company Name||University of the Pacific|
|Date Posted||July 18, 2014|
University of the Pacific seeks a well-rounded Web Developer to lead the evolution of our websites and web-based communications tools. The ideal candidate is creative, insightful, and knows how to maintain independent thinking within a team environment at a large organization.
- Creates and/or implements new content: builds new web pages/CMS templates, graphics, video, multimedia and interactive elements and web applications with high attention to detail, quality and best practices.
- Performs day-to-day maintenance of CMS pages and content, site search, asset manager and hosted applications.
- Manages development processes for deploying new functionality of the University website(s):
- Develops forms
- Setups and manages connections to university databases
- Works with the Office of Information Technology to integrate third-party applications
- Consults and assists content authors by providing technical guidance and assistance for functionality of website(s), applications and hosted applications.
- Works collaboratively with University personnel on web projects such as creating new CMS templates, multimedia features, email campaigns, or other electronic communications web-based projects.
- Manages site search engine rules for the University website and provides website metrics reporting related to SEO efforts using web analytic tools.
- Works collaboratively with Web Manager and Office of Information Technology to keep relevant personnel informed of key initiatives, content and features.
Fluency in the required web technologies, programming platforms and software:
- ASP & ASP.NET MVC
- Ajax/ JQUERY
- Search engine optimization (SEO) and marketing (SEM) best practices
- Digital video and audio editing software such as Premiere, iMovie or other applications
- Adobe Photoshop
- Dreamweaver or other IDE Editors
- Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Microsoft Office
A bachelors degree in development or a related field is preferred, however a combination of education, training and experience will also be considered.
Please visit our website to see the job description and additional details at https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/3440. Must apply online.
Information to apply
Must apply online at https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/3440