Marketing Manager for COP and Marketing and Communications - University of the Pacific
|Company Name||University of the Pacific|
|Date Posted||January 8, 2017|
Marketing Manager for COP and Marketing and Communications
Under the general direction of the Director of Communications in the Office of Marketing and Communications and the Dean of the College of the Pacific, and with a dotted line reporting to the Marketing Manager in the Office of Marketing and Communications, the Marketing Manager for the College of the Pacific is responsible for the strategy, development, planning, and execution of communications and marketing campaigns and programs that raise the profile of the College by increasing awareness of its offerings and working in partnership with Enrollment Management and Development to help increase student, donor and alumni participation.
- Develops, manages and executes a comprehensive strategic communications and marketing plan for the College of the Pacific’s (COP) departments, programs, centers and institutes to help increase awareness and improve enrollment, alumni engagement and fundraising.
- Works closely withCOPDean, AVP of Marketing Communications, Department Chairs, faculty and other leaders to plan strategy and development of the communications and marketing plan with accountability for specific measures of success.
- Works closely and builds strong relationships with Department Chairs and faculty to understand the competitive landscape and distinctive features of the College’s programs and courses, recruitment and fundraising strategies to integrate effective marketing strategies and to inform and engage College leaders in best practices in marketing strategy and development.
- Develops and manages internal and external messaging strategy in collaboration with the College’s senior leaders to include speeches, talking points, presentations and other communications using a variety of channels.
- Has a deep understand of social media strategies including how to develop and deploy effective campaigns using video and other content, how to analyze and measure results, and how to leverage social media across all communications platforms.
- Collaborates with media relations unit in the Office of Marketing and Communications to strategize on leveraging newsworthy College of the Pacific content and to help raise awareness of the university by publicizing the College’s achievements across communications platforms. Recommends faculty media sources and works on a robust media pitching strategy.
- Serves as writer, editor and designer of the Dean’s biannual (twice a year) newsletter and ongoing College blog strategically repurposing and cross-promoting content to lift the College’s brand awareness and the university’s brand.
- Works with Marketing Manager in Office of Marketing and Communications to develop effective college and university cross-promotional marketing campaigns that include web pages, websites, videos, mailings, brochures, and other channels. Marketing Manager will assist in liaising with designers, photographers, writers and others. As needed, will work with Marketing Manager to select and coordinate contracted videographers, video producers, freelance writers, photographers and other professionals within budget designated by the Dean.
- Directly manages Video Producer and student assistant tasked with video development and videography, photography, social media, and several other College communications campaigns and projects.
- Stays abreast of and recommends best practices in marketing, digital and social media, design, writing and multimedia, to provide state-of-the-art marketing campaigns and award-winning communications. Shares best practices with chairs, faculty and staff as appropriate and designated by the Dean.
- Provides guidance and expertise to administrative support staff in the College to maintain web pages and keep them current, including offeringCMStraining either independently or in coordination with Office of Marketing and Communications team as needed.
- May work with the Office of Marketing and Communications team on occasional projects outside theCOParea per mutual advanced arrangement of the AVP of Marketing and Communications and/or Director of Communications and Marketing Manager and the COP Dean.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and six years of experience in marketing-communications strategy and development
- Master’s degree
• Experience in higher education, education, nonprofit or cause-related marketing, fundraising or related field.
• Experience working with high-level administrators in an academic setting including Provost, Dean, Department Chairs, Faculty and other senior leaders
• Strong collaboration and negotiation skills including ability to persuade and influence others
• Experience in developing strategic marketing communication plans with measurable outcomes
Skills/Knowledge and Expertise:
- Demonstrated ability to make independent decisions and exercise sound professional judgment in the performance of areas of responsibilities.
- Demonstrated experience working in complex, matrixed organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate strong relations with faculty, faculty leaders and staff and the capacity to work as a member of a team.
- Demonstrated ability and maturity to work with ambiguity and use sound judgment in decision making.
- Demonstrated experience managing direct reports in a creative environment.
- Demonstrated expertise in the production of web content, videos and other promotional materials including experience working with aCMS.
- Demonstrated experience using social media channels including developing campaigns and content with measurable outcomes.
- Strong technical skills and familiarity with Adobe and Microsoft including WordPress, PhotoShop and Illustrator.
- Outstanding writing, editing, proofreading and presentation skills.
- Solid understanding of liberal arts education and its importance in a private university.
- Positive attitude, proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity and inclusion.
- Ability and willingness to work non-traditional office hours, evenings and weekends, as needed.
Pacific is an AA/EOE employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected category.
Information to apply
To view the full job description and apply online please visit: https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/8993