Social Media Coordinator - William & Mary
|Company Name||William & Mary|
|Date Posted||June 13, 2017|
This position serves as coordinator of social media efforts for William & Mary on university-level platforms and strategizes, crafts and coordinates social media communications; serves as the knowledge expert for the W&M community in providing recommendations, guidelines and strategies for social media communications.
- An undergraduate degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Significant experience managing professional social media platforms and working in communications, marketing or public relations
- Demonstrated experience and a passion for the social media universe (i.e., Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat, LinkedIn, blogs)
- A solid understanding of social media, the significance of community, how to engage people, and curate conversations and good will
- Strong story-telling and presentation skills
- Ability to work effectively under deadlines and juggle several assignments simultaneously
- Ability to distinguish and behave with a good sense of decorum, acting as a university brand ambassador
- Experience with online monitoring and measurement platforms
- Excellent organizational, consulting and communication (verbal and written) skills, with evidence of on-going professional development and commitment to excellence in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Superb analytical, problem solving and collaboration skills
- Advanced level of proficiency with computers and digital platforms and devices
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Experience identifying and creating quality social media content in a higher education environment
- Experience with graphic design, photography and/or videography
Conditions of Employment
There is an occasional need for work outside of typical business hours. Some projects are tied to the academic calendar and university events and require work on evenings and weekends.
60% - Social Media Content
Define and execute social media strategies for managing and developing creative content for university-level social media platforms to include William & Mary and William & Mary News channels. Research trends in social media technology and audience behavior to identify appropriate strategies for William & Mary’s social media presence. Ensure consistency with the university's brand and visual identity standards. Manage Social Stream, the campus social media directory and web-based aggregator of William & Mary social media content.
25% - Social Media Community
Serve as the social media ambassador for the William & Mary community providing recommendations, guidelines and strategies for social media communications. Lead the university’s Social Media Users Group (SMUG). Share knowledge with colleagues through the SMUG listserv and Facebook group. Facilitate events, workshops and project team meetings. Manage Life@W&M (a community Instagram account that showcases a week in the life of W&M students, faculty and staff). Collaborate with other higher education institutions and participate in conferences or professional development activities.
10% - Social Media Analytics
Track and analyze social media influence measurements to better inform William & Mary’s social media engagement efforts. Ensure consistency of messages across multiple platforms and compliance with the university’s social media guidelines.
5% - Project Management
Collaborate on projects and events with university partners including University News & Media, University Events, Undergraduate Admission, University Advancement, Athletics and the professional and graduate schools. Serve as a project leader for University Web & Design projects and initiatives. Participate as a member of multiple project teams. Effectively apply project management principles.
Information to apply