Web Developer - Spring Arbor University
|Company Name||Spring Arbor University|
|Location||Spring Arbor, Michigan|
|Date Posted||August 11, 2017|
Responsible for web design for university web system, including usability design, information architecture and navigation; assists in organization of web content; development of multimedia presentations web and mobile platforms; integration of social media into web content.
- Leads web development projects from inception to deployment throughout the university for arbor.edu, online.arbor.edu and other affiliated sites.
- Implements improved design, layout and functionality on arbor.edu. Participates in all phases of projects including development, design, testing and production. Utilizing web programming, web production tools, and web frameworks.
- Utilizes technology to integrate website with CRM as well as with marketing automation systems.
- Evaluate and adapt new technologies or software products to improve effectiveness of arbor.edu.
- Monitor usage analytics and implement strategies to improve effectiveness of arbor.edu as well as meet enrollment goals.
- Develops and manages web development and support procedures, tools, and documentation. This includes writing scope documents, managing source code, and developing technical support standards and procedures.
- Establishes procedures to support research and development activities to determine the suitability of new technology and procedures to the SAU environment.
- Support departments via CMS training, usage assistance and account administration.
- Candidate must be able to prioritize and complete multiple tasks, possess excellent interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, research, project management, written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in leading some or all of the components in web development projects.
- Candidate must have excellent organizational skills, the ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Individual will exhibit a life and service that is in full accord with the Spring Arbor University Concept and Community Covenant.
- Experience working in multicultural academic environments preferred and individuals from diverse populations are encouraged to apply.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree desired in computer science, information technology or related field.
- Two years of experience with Wordpress or other open source management systems.
- Four years of technical experience in web applications, web design, enterprise applications and relational databases.
- Knowledge in applying usability, accessibility, and user-centered design principles.
- Two years in developing mobile applications or web sites that utilize “responsive design”.
- Experience with source control systems like GIT or BitBucket.
- Familiarity with ASP.Net (WebForms, C#, .ascx files), SQL Server, and Active Directory.
To apply please visit https://arbor.peopleadmin.com
Information to apply
<p><p>To apply please visit <a href="https://arbor.peopleadmin.com">https://arbor.peopleadmin.com</a></p></p>