Web Systems Developer - University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
|Company Name||University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (view profile)|
|Date Posted||April 6, 2017|
WEB SYSTEMS DEVELOPER
Business IT Services
College of Business
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The Web Systems Developer is a full time, 12-month Academic Professional appointment in Business Information Technology Services, a unit within the College of Business at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
Primary Position Function
To define, plan, develop, integrate, and evaluate public presence websites and internal business applications for the College of Business.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1. Manage and develop the technical architecture, systems integration and user interface experience for all College of Business public presence websites via the college's CMS/CRM platform
2. Manage the user interface experiences of college internal business applications and dashboards
3. Collaborate with faculty, college administrative, program, communications, marketing and information technology staff, and student groups in the successful creation and maintenance of college websites
4. Work with internal stakeholders and external vendors to create websites that support audience conversion and college brand identity
5. Integrate multiple existing data sources into web interfaces
6. Develop and maintain rich analytics for college website properties
7. Integrate customer relationship management (CRM) tools into websites
8. Collaborate with other campus units in committees, user groups and co-development of shared systems
9. Provide second-tier support for websites and web content management tools
10. Document project progress and report/present results
Position Requirements and Qualifications
Bachelor's degree required; technology or computer-science related degrees preferred
- Three years of relevant professional experience with at least two years in C#/.NET MVC development or equivalent language development and support
- Experience with Sitefinity CMS platform
- Knowledge of MS SQL query development and web services development
- Experience in jQuery
- Experience in user interface and experience (UI/UX) and accessibility implementation
- Experience in working with graphic designers, communications staff, and non-technical content providers
- Customer service excellence and ability to communicate with non-technical users
- Experience with Angular JS
- Experience with Bootstrap
- Experience with source control like Git or TFS
- Knowledge of search engine optimization (SEO) strategies and implementation
- Experience with systems and analytics integrations
- Experience within the University of Illinois and understanding internal processes.
The expected start date is as soon as possible after the closing date. Interviews may be conducted before the closing date; however, no hiring decisions will be made until after the search has closed. Salary and position level are commensurate with experience and qualifications.
For full consideration, create your candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references by April 26, 2017. For further information regarding our application procedures, email email@example.com.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu