Focused more on action than memorization, this course will guide you through the creation and implementation of your measurement process for your website using the Higher Ed Digital Marketing Analytics Roadmap (HEDMAR) Framework.
Why have 400 higher ed pros taken this course — and why should I?
More than 400 of your higher ed colleagues have developed their measurement practice by taking this professional certificate online course from 2011 to 2018.
This course on Web Analytics for Higher Ed was really good, but everybody was ready for a fresh approach. So, we decided to make it even better for you!
The redesign of this course (launching in January 2019) was informed by student feedback, changing analytics practices, learning and cognitive research, but also shrinking attention spans and increasing demands on your time.
Do I really need to take this course on Web Analytics for Higher Ed?
- Are you in charge of your school’s Google Analytics account, but aren’t sure what to measure?
- Have you been asked to create analytics reports about your higher ed website or web initiatives for your unit, college or university?
- Do you need to make recommendations to optimize the performance of your higher ed website(s) or other web projects?
If you’re not sure where to start, this course was designed — and redesigned! — for YOU, so you can upgrade your Web Analytics and Google Analytics practice for your school.
What will I learn about Website Analytics for Higher Ed?
During this 4-week online course, you will learn to plan, set up and implement a measurement process – specifically designed for higher education – to assess the performance of your website(s) and web projects with Google Analytics and Google Data Studio:
- Outline a measurement plan identifying the most relevant Google Analytics metrics, dimensions and goals aligned with your strategic objectives
- Set up and implement the best approach to track and tag properly your data, goals and conversions
- Segment and analyze your analytics data to uncover insights
- Design an actionable measurement report to share data, insights and recommendations (GA Dashboards or Google Data Studio Reports)
How will I learn?
You’ll learn by:
- doing what’s needed to create and set up a sound and efficient process to assess and measure the performance of your work and identify recommendations to improve its general impact
- investing 10 hours of your time per week on crafting the building blocks of your measurement practice in weekly hands-on assignments, brainstorm with your classmates solutions to any measurement roadblocks and studying focused course content designed to help you complete your weekly assignments.
- studying when it’s convenient for you as long as you meet the weekly deadlines for the class brainstorming discussion and practical assignment.
- exchanging with a small group of your higher ed professional peers in our sessions limited to 10 students, all working for institutions of higher education.
- getting detailed and prompt feedback on all your graded assignments from your professor.
Who will be my professor?
Jessica Stutt is the Integrated Marketing Manager at the University of New Brunswick. She is an experienced marketing professional with a background in marketing analytics and measurement. She has significant experience in collecting and analyzing data from a variety of marketing sources and converting raw data into meaningful, comprehensive reports.
Before joining the Marketing Office at the University of New Brunswick, Jessica worked in marketing at Salesforce Radian6, a social media monitoring platform. Jessica holds a BA and MBA from the UNB as well as a Master of Urban Studies from Simon Fraser University.
She is a faculty member at Higher Ed Experts and teaches social media and digital analytics. She is also a graduate of Higher Ed Experts’ Social Media Measurement and Advanced Web Analytics professional certificate programs.
Aaron is a 15-year veteran in the Higher Education industry, with experience in Admissions, Academic Affairs, Information Technology, and Marketing Communications. As Associate Director of Content Strategy for Harvard University Public Affairs and Communications, Aaron is dedicated to measuring the impact of the nation’s oldest university by aligning strategic goals to a wide range of websites, email newsletters, and social properties. His work experience in the digital product lifecycle from content strategy and user experience to web development and production gives him unique insight into what metrics matter most to senior leaders.
Aaron is a faculty member at Higher Ed Experts where he teaches web analytics for higher ed. He holds a Master of Arts degree in Technical Writing and a Graduate Certificate in Data Science from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock. Aaron has also taught upper-level technical writing and information technology college courses.
Should I take this course on Web Analytics for Higher Ed Course?
This course is recommended for:
- Digital Analytics Professionals
- Directors of Web Communications
- Higher Education Marketers
- Marketing Professionals
- Online Marketing Specialists
- Web Communication Coordinators
- Web Coordinators
- Web Designers
- Web Developers
- Web Editors
- Web Managers
Still have questions? Contact Karine Joly at firstname.lastname@example.org
How will this course pay off for my institution?
Your institution should invest in this course for these top 5 reasons:
- No travel expenses or down time while you work on the creation and implementation of your measurement process while learning: 4 weeks give you the time to absorb all the concepts, practice, get feedback, set up everything and develop new skills through deliberate practice. You can’t just do all of this at a conference or a 1-day workshop.
- This course focuses on higher education: everything will apply to your situation.
- Your classmates will all work at universities, colleges or schools: you’ll find out how other institutions tackle web analytics challenges and join a learning community of higher ed professionals like you.
- You will set up your measurement process: you’ll create the different building blocks of this process by following the HEDMAR Framework developed for higher ed digital professionals.
- Your course registration covers everything you need including a 1-year access to the course materials and any updates made during this time.
What is included in my course registration fee?
- Course materials: screencasts, readings, quizzes, weekly online brainstorming discussions & assignments.
- Unlimited questions via the “Ask the Prof” discussion board during the 4-week session.
- Lifetime membership in the course Facebook group
- 1-year access to the regularly updated online course materials.
- Recognized certificate of achievement in web analytics for higher ed upon completion of the course with a final grade of 80% or more.
How can I know if this course is a good fit for me?
Take the first step on your learning journey by requesting access to our 7-minute HEDMAR test.
Once we can assess the current maturity level of your analytics practice, we will tell you if this is the course for you or if you should consider another one (we offered 5 different courses in Analytics for higher ed).