Focused more on action than memorization, this course will guide you through the creation and implementation of your measurement process for your digital marketing efforts using the Higher Ed Digital Marketing Analytics Roadmap (HEDMAR) Framework
Why have many of higher ed pros taken this course — and why should I?
Many of your colleagues in higher education have leveled up their digital analytics practice by taking this professional certificate online course since 2015.
This course on Advanced Digital Analytics for Higher Ed was entirely redesigned to adopt the Higher Ed Digital Marketing Analytics Roadmap (HEDMAR) framework.
Launched in January 2019, the course redesign was informed by student feedback, changing analytics practices, learning and cognitive research, but also shrinking attention spans and increasing demands on your time.
Do I really need to take this course on Advanced Digital Analytics for Higher Ed?
- Are you responsible for the measurement of your digital marketing campaigns?
- Have you been asked to create analytics reports about your higher ed marketing and communication initiatives for your unit, college or university?
- Do you need to make recommendations to optimize the performance of your higher ed digital marketing?
This course was designed — and redesigned! — for YOU and will help you measure the real impact of your digital marketing efforts.
What will I learn about Advanced Digital Analytics for Higher Ed?
During this 4-week online course, you will learn to plan, set up and implement a measurement process – specifically designed for higher education – to assess the performance of your digital marketing campaigns with Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager and Google Data Studio:
- Outline a measurement plan identifying the most relevant metrics, dimensions and goals aligned with your strategic objectives
- Set up and implement the best approach track and tag properly your integrated campaign data including advanced event tracking and dimension widening
- Segment and analyze your analytics data to uncover insights with multi-channel funnel analysis, assisted conversions and attribution models
- Design an actionable measurement report to share data, insights and recommendations (GA Custom Reports, Google Analytics API and/or Google Data Studio Reports)
How will I learn?
You’ll learn by:
- doing what’s needed to create and set up a sound and efficient process to assess and measure the performance of your work and identify recommendations to improve its general impact
- investing 10 hours of your time per week on crafting the building blocks of your measurement practice in weekly hands-on assignments, brainstorm with your classmates solutions to any measurement roadblocks and studying focused course content designed to help you complete your weekly assignments.
- studying when it’s convenient for you as long as you meet the weekly deadlines for the class brainstorming discussion and practical assignment.
- exchanging with a small group of your higher ed professional peers in our sessions limited to 10 students, all working for institutions of higher education.
- getting detailed and prompt feedback on all your graded assignments from your professor.
Who will be my professor?
Jessica Stutt is the Integrated Marketing Manager at the University of New Brunswick. She is an experienced marketing professional with a background in marketing analytics and measurement. She has significant experience in collecting and analyzing data from a variety of marketing sources and converting raw data into meaningful, comprehensive reports.
Before joining the Marketing Office at the University of New Brunswick, Jessica worked in marketing at Salesforce Radian6, a social media monitoring platform. Jessica holds a BA and MBA from the UNB as well as a Master of Urban Studies from Simon Fraser University.
She is a faculty member at Higher Ed Experts and teaches social media and digital analytics. She is also a graduate of Higher Ed Experts’ Social Media Measurement and Advanced Web Analytics professional certificate programs.
Aaron is a 15-year veteran in the Higher Education industry, with experience in Admissions, Academic Affairs, Information Technology, and Marketing Communications. As Associate Director of Content Strategy for Harvard University Public Affairs and Communications, Aaron is dedicated to measuring the impact of the nation’s oldest university by aligning strategic goals to a wide range of websites, email newsletters, and social properties. His work experience in the digital product lifecycle from content strategy and user experience to web development and production gives him unique insight into what metrics matter most to senior leaders.
Aaron is a faculty member at Higher Ed Experts where he teaches web analytics for higher ed. He holds a Master of Arts degree in Technical Writing and a Graduate Certificate in Data Science from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock. Aaron has also taught upper-level technical writing and information technology college courses.
Should I take this course on Advanced Digital Analytics for Higher Ed Course?
This course is recommended for:
- Digital Analytics Professionals
- Directors of Web Communications
- Higher Ed Experts Analytics Course Graduates
- Higher Education Marketers
- IT Professionals
- Online Marketing Specialists
- Web Coordinators
- Web Editors
- Web Managers
Still have questions? Contact Karine Joly at firstname.lastname@example.org
How will this course pay off for my institution?
Your institution should invest in this course for these top 5 reasons:
- No travel expenses or down time while you work on the creation and implementation of your measurement process while learning: 4 weeks give you the time to absorb all the concepts, practice, get feedback, set up everything and develop new skills through deliberate practice. You can’t just do all of this at a conference or a 1-day workshop.
- This course focuses on higher education: everything will apply to your situation.
- Your classmates will all work at universities, colleges or schools: you’ll find out how other institutions tackle web analytics challenges and join a learning community of higher ed professionals like you.
- You will set up your measurement process: you’ll create the different building blocks of this process by following the HEDMAR Framework developed for higher ed digital professionals.
- Your course registration covers everything you need including a 1-year access to the course materials and any updates made during this time.
What is included in my course registration fee?
- Course materials: screencasts, readings, quizzes, weekly online brainstorming discussions & assignments.
- Unlimited questions via the “Ask the Prof” discussion board during the 4-week session.
- Lifetime membership in the course Facebook group
- 1-year access to the regularly updated online course materials.
- Recognized certificate of achievement in advanced digital analytics for higher ed upon completion of the course with a final grade of 80% or more.
How can I know if this course is a good fit for me?
Take the first step on your learning journey by requesting access to our 7-minute HEDMAR test.
Once we can assess the current maturity level of your analytics practice, we will tell you if this is the course for you or if you should consider another one (we offered 5 different courses in Analytics for higher ed).
If you’re thinking about taking this course, request more information by filling out this online form: