Why did my higher ed colleagues take this course?
Several of your colleagues in higher education have set up their own social media measurement framework by taking this constantly updated professional certificate online course launched in January 2015.
Do I need to take this course on Social Media Analytics for Higher Ed?
- Are you in charge of social media, but feel overwhelmed by all the analytics reports?
- Do you need help to measure what matters to demonstrate social media value to your boss?
- Are you looking for a smart framework to measure social media for higher ed?
- Do you want to make data-driven decisions for social media at your school?
Not sure where to start?
You’re not alone – that’s why we’re launching this new course!
This 4-week Social Media Analytics online course has been designed to help you design and implement a comprehensive social media measurement plan as part of your higher ed marketing strategy, so you can better inform the social media strategy of your department, division or institution of higher education.
What will I learn about Social Media Measurement for Higher Ed?
In this higher ed Social Media Analytics training course, you will study and practice what you need to know to get up to speed with social media measurement for higher education during this 4-week online course:
- Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn & Instagram social media key metrics
- Measurement mindset & strategy
- Measuring micro or macro conversions beyond social media platforms
- Integrated performance measurement framework
- Social media report, analysis & recommendations
How will I learn?
You’ll learn by:
- investing 10 hours per week of your time on your higher ed social media measurement training course materials, quizzes, discussions with your classmates and assignments.
- studying when it’s convenient for you as long as you meet the weekly deadlines for class discussion posting and assignment submissions.
- exchanging with a small group of your peers in our sessions limited to 10 participants working in institutions of higher education.
- working on weekly social media measurement hands-on assignments you can use the next day at work: memos, strategy, measurement plan, social media analytics report, etc.
- getting detailed and prompt feedback on all your graded assignments from your professor.
Who will be my professor?
Holly originally joined Bowdoin in 2004 as the first college webmaster. She left in 2006 to start her own business, returning again in 2010 to formalize and grow the social media program. Now the director of digital and social media, Holly and her team work with departments and programs college-wide to facilitate the integration and adoption of digital media and technology to achieve a more connected, engaged, and informed Bowdoin community. Goal-setting, strategy, and analytics are a daily part of the job as is training and education. At the end of the day, it’s about people, not technology!
Holly gets the most satisfaction out of helping people look at information in new ways, asking questions, and finding unexpected insights to drive change. She received her master’s degree in Environmental Health Science from Oregon State University and is an alumna of Higher Ed Experts Social Media Measurement and Web Analytics courses and has earned her Google Analytics Qualification. She is a member of the Digital Analytics Association, American Marketing Association, and CASE.
Jessica is an experienced marketing professional with a background in marketing analytics and measurement. She has significant experience in collecting and analyzing data from a variety of marketing sources and converting raw data into meaningful, comprehensive reports. She understands the importance of cutting to the ‘so what’ of data, distilling complex data sets to their core components and how to present them in visually meaningful ways.
Before joining the Marketing Office at the University of New Brunswick, Jessica worked in marketing at Salesforce Radian6. She has been at UNB since 2011, starting as Marketing Automation Specialist managing the university’s email platform implementation and strategy development. She then transitioned to the role Marketing Data Analyst, overseeing the university-wide analytics initiatives including web analytics and marketing campaign measurement. She has recently moved into the role of Integrated Marketing Manager and is focused on overseeing the strategic development, execution and optimization of university-wide marketing initiatives.
Jessica holds a Bachelor of Arts and Master of Business Administration from the University of New Brunswick as well as a Master of Urban Studies from Simon Fraser University. She is a graduate of the Higher Ed Experts Social Media Measurement professional certificate program she teaches as well as the Advanced Web Analytics course.
Should I take this course on Social Media Measurement for Higher Ed Course?
This course is recommended for:
- Community Managers
- Digital Analytics Professionals
- Higher Education Marketers
- Online Marketing Specialists
- Social Media Directors
- Social Media Marketing Managers
- Social Media Strategists
Still have questions? Contact Karine Joly at email@example.com
How will this course pay off for my institution?
Your institution should invest in this course for these top 5 reasons:
- No travel expenses or down time while you learn much more than you would by attending any 1-day workshop or conference: 4 weeks give you the time to absorb all the concepts and acquire new skills.
- The focus of this course is Social Media Measurement for higher ed: everything will apply to your situation.
- Your classmates will all work at universities, colleges or schools: you’ll find out how other institutions tackle social media analytics challenges.
- You will learn by working on practical assignments: you’ll be able to implement best practices at work even before the end of the course.
- Your course registration covers everything you need including a 1-year access to all the course materials.
What is included in my course registration fee?
- Course materials: screencasts, readings, quizzes, 4 graded discussions & 4 graded assignments.
- Unlimited questions via the “Ask the Prof” discussion board during the 4-week session.
- Textbook (KINDLE version): Social media ROI: Managing and measuring social media efforts in your organization by Olivier Blanchard
- 1-year access to the regularly updated online course materials.
- Recognized certificate of achievement in Social Media Measurement for higher ed upon completion of the course with a final grade of 80% or more.
Does this course look like a good fit for you?
If you’re thinking about taking this course, request more information by filling out this online form:
Course Student Review: Meg Bernier
Find out why Meg Bernier (@msteverb), Assistant Director for Social Media at St Lawrence University took, liked and now recommend our 4-week online course on Social Media Measurement for Higher Ed in this 2-min video recorded via Google Hangout in April 2015.