Need to get up to speed with Web Analytics for Higher Ed?
- Are you in charge of your school’s Google Analytics account, but feel overwhelmed by all the reports?
- Do you need to create metrics reports or analytics dashboards for your university, college or unit?
- Do you want to make data-driven recommendations to optimize marketing campaigns or web projects?
Not sure where to start?
Hundreds of your higher ed colleagues have designed their own web analytics road map by taking this online course.
Update Dec 10, 2012: Higher Ed Blogger Liz Gross wrote about her experience taking this course.
Read her blog post now!
Register by Jun 01, 2013
What will I learn about Web Analytics for Higher Ed?
You will study and practice what you need to know to get up to speed with web analytics for higher education using Google Analytics during this 4-week online course:
- The most relevant Google Analytics metrics and dimensions for colleges, universities and schools
- Goal tracking and conversions setting
- KPI dashboards and how to transform data into insights
Check out the syllabus (PDF) for this Web Analytics Course including detailed learning objectives!
How will I learn?
You’ll learn by:
- investing 10 hours per week of your time on course materials, quizzes, discussions with your classmates and assignments.
- studying when it’s convenient for you as long as you meet the weekly deadlines for class discussion posting and assignment submissions.
- exchanging with a small group of your peers in our sessions limited to 10 participants working in institutions of higher education.
- working on weekly web analytics hands-on assignments you can use the next day at work: memos, reports, GA dashboards, etc.
- getting detailed and prompt feedback on all your graded assignments from your professor.
Who will be my professor?
Joshua is a Google Analytics Qualified Web expert who has worked with numerous colleges and universities to improve their Web presence and better understand their user trends. His extensive back-end Web knowledge is equally matched with an understanding of the importance of driving results on the front end—and proving return on investment. His in-depth SEO experience ties campaigns to results to show true impact.
Before joining Eastern Kentucky University as a SEO and Web Analyst, Joshua worked as a Web Analytics Strategist and a Web Developer for Lincoln Memorial University in Harrogate, TN.
Joshua has presented at industry conferences on advanced Web analytics, open source technology, WordPress for academic libraries, and other topics. He has published extensively on WordPress and his most recent publication for the American Library Association explores methods of Website architecture as related to academic libraries.
Should I take this course on Web Analytics for Higher Ed?
Definitely, if you are a:
- Director of Web Communications
- Marketing Professional
- Online Marketing Specialist
- Web Communication Coordinator
- Web Coordinator
- Web Editor
- Web Manager
Still have questions? Contact Karine Joly at email@example.com
How will this course pay off for my institution?
Your institution should invest in this course for these top 5 reasons:
- No travel expenses or down time while you learn much more than you would by attending any 1-day workshop or conference: 4 weeks give you the time to absorb all the concepts and acquire new skills.
- The focus of this course is web analytics for higher ed: everything will apply to your situation (see the detailed course syllabus).
- Your classmates will all work at universities, colleges or schools: you’ll find out how other institutions tackle web analytics challenges.
- You will learn by working on practical assignments: you’ll be able to implement best practices at work even before the end of the course.
- Your course registration covers everything you need including a 1-year access to all the course materials.
What is included in my course registration fee?
- Course materials: screencasts, readings, quizzes, 4 graded discussions & 4 graded assignments.
- Unlimited questions via the “Ask the Prof” discussion board during the 4-week session.
Textbook: Web Analytics 2.0 by Avinash Kaushik (Hard-copy OR Kindle version).
- Recognized certificate of achievement in web analytics for higher ed upon completion of the course with a final grade of 80% or more.
- 1-year access to the regularly updated online course materials.