Can your target audiences find your website quickly when they search?
- Has your website traffic or search engine placement decreased lately?
- Have you been asked to develop a search engine/social media advertising program?
- Do you need to increase your institution’s online visibilty and reach?
Not sure where to start?
This 4-week SEO online course has been designed to help you tackle all these challenges while making sure you master all the important techniques (content, advertising & analytics) to help your institution break through the noise and get the visibility it deserves by excelling in search engine optimization for higher education
Apply by Dec 14, 2013
What will I learn about SEO for Higher Ed?
In this higher ed SEO training course, you will study and practice what you need to know to get up to speed with search engine optimization & marketing for higher education during this 4-week online course:
- Preliminary research on keywords and trends
- Content strategy and landing pages
- Search engine and social media advertising (Pay-per-click Google Ads and Facebook Ads for higher ed)
- Analytics and conversion optimization (Google Analytics)
Check out the syllabus (PDF) for this SEO/SEM Course including detailed learning objectives!
How will I learn?
You’ll learn by:
- investing 10 hours per week of your time on your higher ed SEO training course materials, quizzes, discussions with your classmates and assignments.
- studying when it’s convenient for you as long as you meet the weekly deadlines for class discussion posting and assignment submissions.
- exchanging with a small group of your peers in our sessions limited to 10 participants working in institutions of higher education.
- working on weekly search engine optimization and search engine marketing (SEM) hands-on assignments you can use the next day at work: memos, strategy plans, optimized pages, etc.
- getting detailed and prompt feedback on all your graded assignments from your professor.
Who will be my professor?
Joshua is a Google Analytics Qualified Web expert who has worked with numerous colleges and universities to improve their Web presence and better understand their user trends. His extensive back-end Web knowledge is equally matched with an understanding of the importance of driving results on the front end—and proving return on investment. His in-depth SEO experience ties campaigns to results to show true impact.
Before joining Eastern Kentucky University as a SEO and Web Analyst, Joshua worked as a Web Analytics Strategist and a Web Developer for Lincoln Memorial University in Harrogate, TN.
Joshua has presented at industry conferences on advanced Web analytics, open source technology, WordPress for academic libraries, and other topics. He has published extensively on WordPress and his most recent publication for the American Library Association explores methods of Website architecture as related to academic libraries.
Should I take this course on SEO for Higher Ed?
Definitely, if you are a:
- Digital Analytics Professional
- Director of Web Communications
- Online Marketing Specialist
- Social Media Marketing Manager
- Social Media Strategist
- Web Communication Coordinator
- Web Coordinator
- Web Editor
- Web Manager
Still have questions? Contact Karine Joly at email@example.com
How will this course pay off for my institution?
Your institution should invest in this course for these top 5 reasons:
- No travel expenses or down time while you learn much more than you would by attending any 1-day workshop or conference: 4 weeks give you the time to absorb all the concepts and acquire new skills.
- The focus of this course is SEO/SEM for higher ed: everything will apply to your situation (see the detailed course syllabus).
- Your classmates will all work at universities, colleges or schools: you’ll find out how other institutions tackle SEO/SEM challenges.
- You will learn by working on practical assignments: you’ll be able to implement best practices at work even before the end of the course.
- Your course registration covers everything you need including a 1-year access to all the course materials.
What is included in my course registration fee?
- Course materials: screencasts, readings, quizzes, 4 graded discussions & 4 graded assignments.
- Unlimited questions via the “Ask the Prof” discussion board during the 4-week session.
- Textbook (KINDLE version): Search Engine Optimization – An Hour a Day by J. Grappone and G. Couzin.
- Recognized certificate of achievement in SEO for higher ed upon completion of the course with a final grade of 80% or more.
- 1-year access to the regularly updated online course materials.