Why did my higher ed colleagues take this course?
Many of your colleagues in higher education have designed their own Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategy by taking this constantly updated professional certificate online course since July 2013.
Top reason to take @joshuaddodson professional certificate course on SEO for #highered https://t.co/QaKcggroH6 #hesm pic.twitter.com/uermVPWz37
— higheredexperts (@higheredexperts) March 15, 2016
Can your target audiences find your website quickly when they search?
- Has your website traffic or search engine placement decreased lately?
- Do you need to increase your institution’s online visibilty and reach?
Not sure where to start?
This 4-week SEO online course has been designed to help you tackle all these challenges while making sure you master all the important techniques (content, advertising & analytics) to help your institution break through the noise and get the visibility it deserves by excelling in search engine optimization for higher education
What will I learn about SEO for Higher Ed?
In this higher ed SEO training course, you will study and practice what you need to know to get up to speed with search engine optimization & marketing for higher education during this 4-week online course:
- Preliminary research on keywords and trends
- Content strategy and landing pages
- Search engine competitive analysis and market evaluation
- Analytics and conversion optimization (Google Analytics)
Really interested in this course?
If you’re thinking about taking this course, request more information by filling out this online form:
How will I learn?
You’ll learn by:
- investing 10 hours per week of your time on your higher ed SEO training course materials, quizzes, discussions with your classmates and assignments.
- studying when it’s convenient for you as long as you meet the weekly deadlines for class discussion posting and assignment submissions.
- exchanging with a small group of your peers in our sessions limited to 10 participants working in institutions of higher education.
- working on weekly search engine optimization and search engine marketing (SEM) hands-on assignments you can use the next day at work: memos, strategy plans, optimized pages, etc.
- getting detailed and prompt feedback on all your graded assignments from your professor.
Should I take this course on SEO for Higher Ed Course?
This course is recommended for:
- Directors of Web Communications
- Higher Education Marketers
- Online Marketing Specialists
- Web Communication Coordinators
- Web Coordinators
- Web Editors
- Web Managers
- Web Writers
Still have questions? Contact Karine Joly at email@example.com
How will this course pay off for my institution?
Your institution should invest in this course for these top 5 reasons:
- No travel expenses or down time while you learn much more than you would by attending any 1-day workshop or conference: 4 weeks give you the time to absorb all the concepts and acquire new skills.
- The focus of this course is SEO/SEM for higher ed: everything will apply to your situation.
- Your classmates will all work at universities, colleges or schools: you’ll find out how other institutions tackle SEO/SEM challenges.
- You will learn by working on practical assignments: you’ll be able to implement best practices at work even before the end of the course.
- Your course registration covers everything you need including a 1-year access to all the course materials.
What is included in my course registration fee?
- Course materials: screencasts, readings, quizzes, 4 graded discussions & 4 graded assignments.
- Unlimited questions via the “Ask the Prof” discussion board during the 4-week session.
- Textbook (KINDLE version): The Art of SEO: Mastering Search Engine Optimization by Eric Enge, Stephan Spencer, Jessie Stricchiola.
- 1-year access to the regularly updated online course materials.
- Recognized certificate of achievement in SEO for higher ed upon completion of the course with a final grade of 80% or more.
Course Student Review: Thomas Minnefor
Find out why Thomas Minnefor (@ThomasMinnefor), Web Manager at Rutgers University Biomedical Health Services took, liked and recommend this course in this 2-minute video recorded in September 2014 via Skype.
Are there any prerequisites before taking this course? Im interested in this course and the analytics course and wonder if it makes more sense to take one before the other. Would I get more out of this if I understand google analytics better or visa versa?
We have removed the formal prerequisite for this course at the request of professionals who already had a good foundation in Analytics and wanted to take the SEO course.
However, if you plan to take both courses, it’s better to start with the Analytics course.
Thanks for your interest in our SEO course, Karen!
Students will need access to an AdWords account. However, they do not actually have to make any purchases. The assignments are based around what they would do if they were setting it up for CPC, not on actually launching the ads. They can simply create and use the free account and not launch the ads.