Ready to tackle Social Media Marketing for Higher Ed?
- Has social media marketing become your responsibility at your institution?
- Are you in charge of your school’s social media accounts?
- Will you soon design the social media marketing strategy for your university, college or unit?
Such exciting challenges!
Exciting — and overwhelming, we know.
Dozens of your higher ed colleagues have figured out the social media marketing puzzle by taking this online course.
Register by Mar 28, 2014
What will I learn about Social Media Marketing for Higher Ed?
You will study and practice the building blocks of successful social media marketing for higher education during this 8-week online course:
- marketing strategy principles
- social media policy, social media platforms terms of service and online community etiquette
- competitive landscape and audience analysis
- social media marketing analytics and success metrics
- content strategy for social media marketing
- writing for social media
- social media advertising tactics
- integrated marketing approach
Check out the syllabus (PDF) for this Social Media Marketing Course including detailed learning objectives!
How will I learn?
You’ll learn by:
- investing 10 hours per week of your time on course materials, quizzes, discussions with your classmates and assignments.
- studying when it’s convenient for you as long as you meet the weekly deadlines for class discussion posting and assignment submissions.
- exchanging with a small group of your peers in our sessions limited to 10 participants working in institutions of higher education.
- working on weekly social media marketing hands-on assignments you can use the next day at work: presentations, memos, plans, etc.
- getting detailed and prompt feedback on all your graded assignments from your professor.
Who will be my professor?
Karine oversees the development of the professional development curriculum at Higher Ed Experts. She also taught the capstone graduate course of the MBA in Social Media Marketing at Southern New Hampshire University: Social Media Marketing Campaigns, a course she designed and authored for this SNHU online program.
Karine shares her insights about emerging web and social media trends on collegewebeditor.com, a popular and independent blog launched in February 2005. She also authors the Internet Technologies column for University Business. She has presented on social media marketing, web analytics and online courses at leading higher ed conferences (CASE, American Marketing Association, EduComm, eduWeb, CUPRAP, HighEdWeb, etc.).
Should I take this course on Social Media Marketing for Higher Ed Course?
Definitely, if you are a:
- Communication Director
- Community Manager
- Director of Web Communications
- Marketing Director
- Publication Professional
- Social Media Director
- Social Media Marketing Manager
- Social Media Strategist
- Web Communication Coordinator
Still have questions? Contact Karine Joly at email@example.com
How will this course pay off for my institution?
Your institution should invest in this course for these top 5 reasons:
- No travel expenses or down time while you learn much more than you would by attending any 2-day workshop or conference: 8 weeks give you the time to absorb all the concepts and acquire new skills.
- The focus of this course is social media marketing for higher ed: everything will apply to your situation (see the detailed course syllabus).
- Your classmates will all work at universities, colleges or schools: you’ll find out how other institutions tackle social media marketing challenges.
- You will learn by working on practical assignments: you’ll be able to implement best practices at work even before the end of the course.
- Your course registration covers everything you need including a 1-year access to all the course materials.
What is included in my course registration fee?
- Course materials: written lectures, readings, videos, quizzes, 8 graded discussions & 8 graded assignments.
- Unlimited questions via the “Ask the Prof” discussion board during the 8-week session.
- Textbook: Clout by Colleen Jones (KINDLE version).
- Recognized certificate of achievement in social media marketing for higher ed upon completion of the course with a final grade of 80% or more.
- 1-year access to the regularly updated online course materials.