Why did so many of my higher ed colleagues take this course?
More than 150 of your higher ed colleagues have dramatically improved their web and social media writing skills by taking this constantly updated professional certificate online course since 2012.
Want to write stronger Social Media and Web Content for Higher Ed?
- Do you write the content for your school’s website or social media channels, even though you’ve never had any formal web writing training?
- Has social media and web writing recently been added to your job responsibilities at your university, college or school?
- Do you need to optimize your web content so it ranks well in search engine results, gets shared on social media and is read by your target audiences?
Web writing for higher ed is not easy.
It is very challenging to master without guidance and practice.
We want to help you as we’ve helped more than 150 of your colleagues working in universities and colleges.
This course was designed for YOU, to help you learn more by practicing and improve your web writing skills as result.
What will I learn about Writing for the Web and Social Media in Higher Ed?
You will study and practice what you need to know to write better social media and web content for your higher ed institution during this 4-week online course:
- How to write for online readers (conversational style, microcontent, etc.)
- How to optimize your web content (SEO, headlines, lists, tables & visuals)
- How to tell great stories with the right voice, tone and techniques
- How to use content strategy to help you make better web writing happen
How will I learn?
You’ll learn by:
- investing 10 hours per week of your time on course materials, quizzes, discussions with your classmates and assignments.
- studying when it’s convenient for you as long as you meet the weekly deadlines for class discussion posting and assignment submissions.
- exchanging with a small group of your peers in our sessions limited to 10 participants working in institutions of higher education.
- working on weekly web writing hands-on assignments you can use the next day at work: program page, email message, tweets, blog posts, user persona, page template, etc.
- getting detailed and prompt feedback on all your graded assignments from your professor.
Who will be my professor?
Sofia is the web writer and communications officer for Arts, Sciences and Engineering at the University of Rochester. As part of the web team, her work includes creating, editing, and curating content for the university’s homepage and top-level pages, departmental web pages, and social media accounts. She regularly co-hosts on-campus presentations and workshops about strategic and tactical web communications.
Before joining UR, Sofia worked as the assistant editor in the marketing and communications department at Nazareth College. Her work as part of the teams at Nazareth and UR has been recognized with awards from CASE and PRSA.
Sofia earned her master’s degree in English language and literature from Queen’s University in Canada. She is currently pursuing her master’s in online teaching and learning at UR. Sofia is also a graduate of the Higher Ed Experts web writing certificate program, and is now its instructor.
Should I take this course on Web Writing for Higher Ed Course?
This course is recommended for:
- Communication Directors
- Directors of Web Communications
- Higher Education Marketers
- Magazine Editors
- Marketing Directors
- Marketing Professionals
- Online Marketing Specialists
- Professional Writers
- Publication Professionals
- Web Communication Coordinators
- Web Content Contributors
- Web Coordinators
- Web Editors
- Web Managers
- Web Writers
Still have questions? Contact Karine Joly at email@example.com
How will this course pay off for my institution?
Your institution should invest in this course for these top 5 reasons:
- No travel expenses or down time while you learn much more than you would by attending any workshop or conference: 4 weeks give you the time to absorb all the concepts and acquire new skills.
- The focus of this course is social media and web writing for higher ed: everything will apply to your situation
- Your classmates will all work at universities, colleges or schools: you’ll find out how other institutions tackle web writing challenges.
- You will learn by working on practical assignments: you’ll be able to implement best practices at work even before the end of the course.
- Your course registration covers everything you need including a 1-year access to all the course materials.
What is included in my course registration fee?
- Course materials: screencasts, readings, quizzes, 4 graded discussions & 4 graded assignments.
- Unlimited questions via the “Ask the Prof” discussion board during the 4-week session.
- Letting Go of the Words, Second Edition: Writing Web Content that Works by Ginny Redish (KINDLE version).
- 1-year access to the regularly updated online course materials.
- Recognized certificate of achievement in social media and web writing for higher ed upon completion of the course with a final grade of 80% or more.
Really interested in this course?
If you’re thinking about taking this course, request more information by filling out this online form: