Focused more on action than memorization, this course will guide your team of 2 to 5 people through the creation of your digital marketing measurement strategy using the Higher Ed Digital Marketing Analytics Roadmap (HEDMAR) Framework.
Why should my team and I take this course on Digital Marketing Measurement Strategy?
- Not sure how to measure the work of your digital marketing/communications team due to the lack of clear measureable objectives?
- Has your higher ed team never taken the time to define the necessary strategic foundation to measure (and do!) only what matters?
- Do you need to rally cross-functional higher ed marketers around audience-focused goals for the digital marketing and communications efforts of your unit, college or university?
- Do you need to refocus, re-energize and optimize the performance of your digital team?
If you don’t have a clear digital measurement strategy with specific audience-focused objectives aligned with your institutional goals, this course – with an innovative hybrid format – was designed to help YOU and YOUR team build the srategic foundation you need.
This course for teams (2 to 5 people) on Higher Ed Marketing Measurement Strategy (launching in January 2019) is a brand new addition to Higher Ed Experts’ Analytics Curriculum. Its design was informed by student feedback from our Analytics courses, the Higher Ed Digital Marketing Analytics Roadmap (HEDMAR) study findings, changing analytics practices, learning and cognitive research, but also shrinking attention spans and increasing demands on your time.
What will my team and I learn about Digital Measurement Strategy for Higher Ed?
During this 4-week online course, you will learn to research, plan and create a measurement strategy – specifically designed for higher education – to assess the performance of your digital marketing or communications:
- Identify marketing objectives aligned with strategic goals
- Research your target audience(s) and develop audience profiles centered on their needs and digital behaviors
- Define audience-focused micro and macro objectives for your marketing or communication initiatives
- Design a strategic measurement action plan including a data source audit, a metric dashboard outline and an implementation timeline
How will my team and I learn?
You’ll learn by:
- doing what’s needed to lay the foundation of your measurement strategic plan for the digital marketing/communication work of your team.
- investing 10 hours of your time per week on crafting the building blocks of your measurement strategy in weekly hands-on assignments, brainstorming with your colleagues and the other higher ed teams solutions to any measurement roadblocks and studying “just-enough” course content designed to help you complete your weekly assignments.
- studying when it’s convenient for you as long as you meet the weekly deadlines for the class brainstorming discussion and practical assignment.
- exchanging with your team members in recommended on-campus weekly meetings and online with higher ed professionals working at other schools in our sessions limited to 10 higher ed teams.
- getting detailed, prompt and confidential feedback on all your graded assignments from your independent instructor, Karine Joly.
- participating in a 1-hour “Ask Me Anything” live session at the end of the course with Aaron Baker (Harvard University) and Jessica Stutt (UNB), both members of Higher Ed Experts’ Analytics Faculty.
Who will be my professor?
Karine oversees the development of the professional development curriculum at Higher Ed Experts and has conducted several research projects on the use of digital marketing analytics in higher education since 2011. She developed the Higher Ed Digital Marketing Analytics Roadmap (HEDMAR) Framework in 2016.
Karine taught the capstone graduate course of the MBA in Social Media Marketing at Southern New Hampshire University: Social Media Marketing Campaigns, a course she designed and authored for this SNHU online program. At Higher Ed Experts, she has taught social media marketing to more than 150 higher ed professionals.
Karine has shared her insights about higher ed digital marketing and social media trends since February 2005. She also authors the Internet Technologies column for University Business. She has presented on social media marketing, web analytics and online courses at leading higher ed conferences (CASE, American Marketing Association, EduComm, eduWeb, CUPRAP, HighEdWeb, etc.).
Aaron is a 15-year veteran in the Higher Education industry, with experience in Admissions, Academic Affairs, Information Technology, and Marketing Communications. As Associate Director of Content Strategy for Harvard University Public Affairs and Communications, Aaron is dedicated to measuring the impact of the nation’s oldest university by aligning strategic goals to a wide range of websites, email newsletters, and social properties. His work experience in the digital product lifecycle from content strategy and user experience to web development and production gives him unique insight into what metrics matter most to senior leaders.
Aaron is a faculty member at Higher Ed Experts where he teaches web analytics for higher ed. He holds a Master of Arts degree in Technical Writing and a Graduate Certificate in Data Science from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock. Aaron has also taught upper-level technical writing and information technology college courses.
Jessica Stutt is the Integrated Marketing Manager at the University of New Brunswick. She is an experienced marketing professional with a background in marketing analytics and measurement. She has significant experience in collecting and analyzing data from a variety of marketing sources and converting raw data into meaningful, comprehensive reports.
Before joining the Marketing Office at the University of New Brunswick, Jessica worked in marketing at Salesforce Radian6, a social media monitoring platform. Jessica holds a BA and MBA from the UNB as well as a Master of Urban Studies from Simon Fraser University.
She is a faculty member at Higher Ed Experts and teaches social media and digital analytics. She is also a graduate of Higher Ed Experts’ Social Media Measurement and Advanced Web Analytics professional certificate programs.
Should I take this course on Digital Measurement Strategy for Higher Ed Team Course?
This course is recommended for:
- Communication Directors
- Community Managers
- Digital Analytics Professionals
- Directors of Web Communications
- Higher Ed Web Professionals
- Higher Education Marketers
- Marketing Directors
- Marketing Professionals
- Online Marketing Specialists
- Social Media Strategists
- Web Communication Coordinators
- Web Content Contributors
- Web Coordinators
- Web Editors
- Web Writers
Still have questions? Contact Karine Joly at firstname.lastname@example.org
How will this course pay off for my institution?
Your institution should invest in this course for these 6 reasons:
- The tuition covers registration for up to 5 team members. This course is affordable by design to tap into the power of collaborative learning for optimal results.
- No travel expenses or down time while your team (2 to 5 people) work on the creation of your measurement strategy while learning: 4 weeks give everybody the time to absorb all the concepts, discuss with your colleagues on campus and online with the other higher ed teams, get feedback and develop your digital measurement strategic plan. You can’t just do all of this at a conference, a 1-day workshop or even a 3-day staff retreat.
- This course designed or teams (2 to 5 people) focuses on higher education: everything will apply to your situation.
- Your classmates, the members of the other enrolled higher ed teams, will all work at universities, colleges or schools: you’ll find out how other institutions tackle digital marketing measurement strategy challenges and join a learning community of higher ed professionals like you.
- You will research and create your higher ed digital measurement strategy: you’ll create the different building blocks of your plan by following the strategic foundation of the HEDMAR Framework developed for higher ed digital professionals.
- Your team course registration covers everything you need including a 1-year access to the course materials and any updates made during this time for all the members of your team (2 to 5 people).
What is included in my team course registration fee?
- Course materials: screencasts, readings, quizzes, weekly online brainstorming discussions & assignments.
- Unlimited questions via the “Ask the Prof” discussion board during the 4-week session.
- Lifetime membership in the course Facebook group for all team members
- 1-year access to the regularly updated online course materials.
How can I know if this course is a good fit for my team?
Take the first step on your learning journey by requesting access to our 7-minute HEDMAR test.
Once we can assess the current maturity level of your analytics practice, we will tell you if this is the right course for you and your team or if you should consider another one (we offered 4 other Higher Ed Analytics courses, designed for individuals).